An Anecdotal Field Guide to Contemporary Feminism
How to get the most out of your Tinder date:
by Tessa Tapscott
- Choose the meet-up location, the more convenient for you the better.
- Don’t meet during/after school, backpacks are not attractive.
- Don’t get food together, watching others eat is not pretty.
- Do get a drink, lubricate the cogs of conversation.
- Probs have a drink yourself before.
- Or just show up wasted, it sets the bar low (or high).
- Have several “secrets/confessions” that “you don’t usually tell someone” to make it seem personal and establish immediate intimacy, i.e. “I actually love Britney Spears.”
- Have your own opinions.
- Be open-minded to theirs.
- But, if they don’t like animals make an immediate and speedy get away. You can’t trust people that don’t like animals.
- You will know in the first five minutes if you would want to sleep with them.
- The majority of Tinderers are there to get laid, so don’t be coy about your needs.
- Be the craziest version of yourself.
- Be safe.